Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Depend on how brave you are :) What I would do if was not replacing the screws is to put them in with a drop of red loctite then turn them over and with something solid under each screw head take a center punch and give it a good hit right to the center of each screw. Te one where the head broke off has to be replaced, why not just get all 4 new ones ? Too bad you arent closer, I have a bag of the 3-48 screws that I got from McMaster Carr years ago.

I would also say be very careful with heat. The throttle shafts have a teflon (or something) coating on them, at least the newer ones do and I wouldnt want to burn it off.
Hi Bill. So the tech article from QuadrajetParts made things worse. I ground off the ends of the screws like they recommended, which then made them bind while trying to remove them. Ended up with 3 of 4 broken. They are so tiny... I wonder if you could drop half a dozen in an envelope and mail them to me? Happy to pay for them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Nashville Beth... the kit came with two model options... a few differences in some parts made the distinction. It is an M4M series (C, CA, EA). Not sure which one. When NAPA looked up the serial # I believe he did say it was an 800 cfm.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts