Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey this mich. native is going on vacation (actually to celebrate our 30th anniversary) to sunny california. any suggestions on neat car stuff to see? we'll land in reno then drive the coast as far as we can in 10 days or so, you know hearst mansion, jelly bean factory, wine country. i'm going to need to see some cars before this is over. just kidding should be fun. any car suggestions would be really appriciated. thanks john

------------------

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hey John, When you get to Reno go to the Harrahs museum they have some great cars there, don't know much about the Bay area if you make it to L.A. go to Petersons Auto muesum and if you make it this far down e-mail me prvatly and I'll give you my phone # and I can let you know of any local shows
have a good trip and hope to hear from you Gene...........

------------------
Gene Callahan
Canoga Park Ca.
66 Conv.
Gold # 55
S.C.C.C.C

·
Registered
38 Posts
John...yes, go to the Harrahs Car Collection in reno I believe. That is well worth the effort as they do have some REALLY cool cars there as previously stated by another post.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I just got back from Peterson's today...good museum, but kinda expensive($7 for adults). No Chevelles, but the do have Woody's on display, recreaions, & the General Lee, Herbie the Love Bug etc. I'll scan the pics when we get them developed. Also, when are you going to be in California, where, & for how long? Sept 16-19 is Route 66 Rendezvous in San Bernadino...2,600 cars(is that enough cars?) If interested, give me an email. They have a website http://www.route-66.org. Hope you have a good time.

------------------
Jay W.
In-the-works 67 Malibu-Temecula, CA
genxrodsandcustoms.8m.com
surferwagons.8m.com
www.angelfire.com/ca4/67malibu

·
Registered
112 Posts
john... if you are anywhere near sonoma (north of bay area) on a wednesday night and you got the car itch, stop by Sears point raceway for some drag racing action, lots of fun!

------------------
Jon, 66 Malibu Sport Coupe
Fremont CA, Birthplace of many a Chevelle
Team Chevelle Member #80
members.tripod.com/jon66bu/jon1.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.