Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up some free stuff at a garage sale across the street the other day. among the stuff was an intake & carb (q-jet) from a big block Cadillac (a '78 so i beleive it was 425 cubes)

my question is, are the big block caddy intakes the same as chevy big blocks? if not im gonna probably toss it or give it away if someone wants it. the q-jet is still good though. among other stuff that I got was a bunch of PS pumps with brackets & pullies, some crank pullies, AC compressors, and i bought an industrial engine hoist
cherry picker, its a 6000 pound lift for pulling the engines from big rigs (the late husband was a truck driver/mechanic)... so anyways about the intake, lets hear it

Mike

oh yeah, almost forgot heres a link to a pic of the intake: http://radon.mit.edu/~mike/elcamino/cadintake.jpg

[This message has been edited by mike reeh (edited 06-01-99).]

·
Super Moderator
13,090 Posts
Mike,
There are some boaters around here that need new anchors !

------------------
Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md

G

·
OUCH! Junk the manifold but keep the Qjet. They are larger than the chevy carb, 800 cfm. They also have the same fuel inlet configuration as the chevy.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hehe okay so its probably worth its weight in scrap metal.. anyone want it? going once going twice

Mike

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I'll take the Q-jet! Email me at my address( see profile) and we'll square it away. I was just going to go core hunting.

------------------

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i didnt mean to confuse anybody but the qjet is not what im giving away its just the caddy intake.. as i said, the intake may be junk but "the q-jet is still good"

sorry fellas

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.