Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find the special cable ties you use for adding transmisson coolers to the radiator. They work like normal ties except insteade of making a loop they create a staright line. Anyone who has added a transmission cooler knows exactley what I am talking about.

I have looked every where and can't find them. Anyone know of a large cable tie manufacturer? Maybe I can see if they make them and find a retailer around here.

Later
Steve

·
Registered
91 Posts
Most autoparts stores carry them but you sometimes have to ask for them. Summit sells them also. If you can find a Hayden dealer, they have a kit with them in it. BUT, definetly do not use them to mount electric fans though (1 and half radiators later I learned my lesson
)
Steve

------------------
64 elky daily driver
70 SS clone LT1/4L60E
Pics of the 64
pics of the 70 soon to follow

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What's the problem with using them for fans? Vibration? Too Much weight?

I need them to mount a aux pusher fan on my 66 1/2 ton.

Later
Steve

·
Registered
91 Posts
On mine, the little teeth for the ratchet vibrated back and forth on one of the tubes. It was like a little hacksaw and finally wore a hole through the tube. No matter how tight I was able to get the ties, they still eventually settled down on the tubes and rubbed. Just my experience with them. Radiator man said youre asking for trouble if you use those things with electric fans.
Good luck!
Steve

------------------
64 elky daily driver
70 SS clone LT1/4L60E
Pics of the 64
pics of the 70 soon to follow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.