Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are pics of my 71 El Camino with base C6 18's and 19's. Tire sizes are stock, 245/40/18 and 285/35/19. I used 2 inch adaptors in the front and 2.5 inch in the rear. Plenty of clearance on the back, I can fit my fingers around the whole tire. No rubbing issues anywhere. The jury is still out on them for me, but they are growing on me.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
It sounds like your asking for opnions.

I like the ride height but, Personally the wheels do not have enough real estate if you will. I don't like how you can see through the wheels and only see some tiny brakes and daylight. I prefer 17s on these cars but if you like them thats all that matters, thats what great about this hobby.

·
Registered
521 Posts
all in all....looks pretty cool. To me, balancing the whole combo would be a little more sidewall and height on the rears. Maybe a 40 series...that would give you another inch of height. That would fill the rear wheelwell, get the back end up a little and make the front look just right. just my opinion.

Bill

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree with both of you, it could use more sidewall and it makes the brakes look small. They are C5 13 inches in the front and 12 wilwoods in the rear and they don't look it. my guess is because the wheel is so far away from the rotor surface and caliper. I only have $500 in the setup so I'm not out much if I change them out

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
IMO, lowering the camino just a bit would make all the difference.
quick photo chop with your camino lower.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IMO, lowering the camino just a bit would make all the difference.
quick photo chop with your camino lower.
Its only got about 10 miles on a bunch of suspension and brake upgrades which included eibach lowering springs, I'm gonna put a few miles on it and see if it settles more. I agree though it could go a little lower but my Hooker long tubes hang low already, maybe to low as it is. It does look good lower, thanks for the photoshop

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I agree with both of you, it could use more sidewall and it makes the brakes look small. They are C5 13 inches in the front and 12 wilwoods in the rear and they don't look it. my guess is because the wheel is so far away from the rotor surface and caliper. I only have $500 in the setup so I'm not out much if I change them out
I didn't know you had a brake upgrade, I was saying that more a generalization. But the larger brake are good move.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Up front I'll have to tell you that I hate running big spacers and I love deep dish wheels.

That being said- yours looks better than most. The lowering in the PhotoShop image really does help. The car looks edgy and modern. If that's the look you're going for, you've got it.

Oh- and if you could make the tailpipes disappear from the side view, it'd look a lot better too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts