Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I havnt really heard much about the dyno programs different companys offer. And I havnt tried them myself because they dont offer a preview, or "demo" copy of the software. I dont like planting down money on software I havnt tried before. Your best bet may be to read reviews of the software in automotive magazines. Also some of these programs can be somewhat demanding on your computer. My guess a good baseline to have for the dyno programs would be at least a 200mhz processor, 64mb ram, and a 2gb hard drive. The actually requirements for each program will vary, and remember that when it says "required to run:" that means it is the exact minimum that the program will run on, so be sure to have at least a little more.

------------------
Justin Kramer
[email protected]
1968 Chevelle 300 350ci

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the "Engine Analyzer EZ" program, and I really like it...it's not a terribly large program, and also not much in the way of system requirements, I think. As compared to others I've seen, it seems to be about the most complete (aside, of course, from it's much more expensive big brother, Engine Analyzer Pro). It takes MANY factors into account, and from what I've read in magazine reviews, is supposedly accurate to within 3-5%. It also returns a TON of information, from the basic hp/torque to volumetric efficiency, cfm usage, piston speed, etc. Another feature I like is that you can also buy the "Drag Race Analyzer" program from the same company, and directly insert Engine Analyzer results to combine those with the rest of the car's specs and predict performance in the quarter mile, also supposedly within 3-5% accuracy. I think I got my copy of Engine Analyzer EZ from Jeg's.

------------------
Nick Johnson
Malicious Intent Racing
'65 Malibu - 402/injected alcohol
'64 El Camino - Someday the body will return to the frame!

Save Gas...Burn Nitro...or at least alky

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.