Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Chevelle-Monte Carlo 1964-1976 master parts catalogue P015. On page III at the bottom of the page is the Special Equipment section.
It states the following:

Each year a limited volume of vehicles is sold with Special Equipment other than regular production options. For service parts prior to 1967 refer to the C.S.L. (Canadian Special List) Catalogue. and for subsequent years refer to C.O.P.O. (Central Office Production Order) Catalogue. Copies are available on request from the Parts Catalogue Section, Oshawa.
I ordered this catalogue several years ago and there was nothing referring to the COPO cars. It seemed to be mostly truck stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,001 Posts
Keith
COPO trucks? thats something I never thought of but I quess they must have made them for company fleet orders and such.
Getting back to the COPO cars - Wouldn't Chevy have to release service bulletins and other info to the dealerships so they could service a COPO car if one were to come back in under warranty? I wounder if there are any service documents around for the COPO cars? I bet a lot of them came back for engine work. Would Chevy keep records of this?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.