Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing to do with Chevelles but it is a GM engine. The rods in my wifes '93 Park Ave (3800) engine just "Buzzed" the block cracking it at the oil pan and breaking the A/C bracket. I pulled the serp. belt off to determine the source...engine or accessories, definatly engine. The oil was changed every 3000mi it now has 105k miles. Has anyone ever heard of this happening so soon? Who sells GM replacment engines at a decent price?

------------------
Lowered '67 Elcamino
ZZ430 eng / 4L60E trans
"Canyon Carver"

Susp: Neg. Roll

·
Registered
144 Posts
Wow, that sucks. Check your local dealer and see if and where they can get 'em from. Check junkyards, too, if you dare. Some of those 6cyl. in junkyards are a bit sketchy. Good luck!

------------------
Jeremy J. Bennett
72 Chevelle
Team Chevelle #298

·
Read Only
589 Posts
Jim Pace Pontiac has a replacement rebuilt 3.8 for $1496 with $300. core charge. My price sheet is about 6 months old. Their number is 1-800-748-3791.

------------------
Tino #28 Gold

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Man too bad for that. The 3800 is usually a reliable powerplant and 200,000 miles isn't unusual for them at all. Good thing if you're looking for another motor. Imagine you'd find plenty at yards.

·
Registered
174 Posts
wow sorry to hear, i say call around at the wrecking yards and call a GM dealer to see what they can get ya. maybe you can find something bigger to fit. is there anything bigger that would fit? not sure but for a replacement check dealer and yards, and classifieds

------------------
OWNER OF 66 CHEVELLE MALIBU

Check out page dedicated to resto of my chevelle. still being made.
www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Shop/9801/

Canadian Classics Chevelles and Beaumonts #393

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
W E L L....I W A S on the phone ordering a new 502 BB for it, but the wife stopped me in the middle of the order.
I'm getting the engine (3800) from the local dealer at cost plus labor. I figure that $3000 for an install with 3yr 50,000 mi warranty is a pretty good deal. This way I can continue working on my '67 Elcamino.

One of the rods decided to divorce its piston, leaving me with the financial support.

------------------
Lowered '67 Elcamino
ZZ430 eng / 4L60E trans
"Canyon Carver"

Susp: Neg. Roll

[This message has been edited by Cardiac (edited 10-15-99).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.