Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see sets of these on ebay from time to time. These are for my mark IV BBC, so they are the retro roller version.

Is this something I should absolutely not consider, or would it be OK?

In one particular case the seller provides excellent closeup photos, but I wouldn't even know what to look for.

·
Registered
14,244 Posts
I did...I bought 550.00 Cranes for 100.00.

Most lifters have some scuffing on the sides, so unless its real heavy I wouldnt be terribly concerned about that. The question is, do all the wheels roll smoothly? Ask the seller that point blank, so you have some recourse afterwards. That said, I dont think I would buy solid roller lifters used b/c the solids seem to be more of expendable item vs. the hydro's.

Good luck with the car!!!

·
Premium Member
6,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, $100 - that sounds like a heck of a deal! These ones I'm considering are comp and are $200. Since I'm not anywhere close to assembling this motor I think I will try to sniff out a better deal.

·
Premium Member
6,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw those on ebay; didn't know they were made by morel! At those prices it almost makes it silly to buy used.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.