Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm almost 16 and looking into buying a Chevelle in between the years of 68-73. I was wondering if anyone is selling one or knows of someone who is on the westcoast for a good price. If so, please respond.

·
Registered
224 Posts
On the main page (www.chevelles.com) there is a list spot for "chevelles for sale". Then you just scroll through and after a while you will start getting picky. Just set a price range for yourself. Also, wether or not you need it to run on a daily driver basis after you buy it.

ps. limit that search to 68-72, 73 model isn't anything to write home about, and a lot changes between 72/73

------------------
have now>>>>> am building
2.73 open 10bolt>>>>>>3.73 posi 12bolt
350>>>>396 w/nitrous
TH350>>>>TH400 (haven't found one yet...)
shooting for 12s in 1/4
college student budget!

[This message has been edited by 72chevelle350TH350 (edited 02-13-2000).]

·
Registered
948 Posts
I wouldn't say dismiss the 73, the 74 is the same BTW except rear lights. If you build up a 73 it would be quite a sleeper. Many people dismiss them as out of the musclecar era. The most popular cars are the 64-72 Chevelles. You obviously like the 'round' cars. More fastback style, not 'square' like the 64-67. Also check http://www.traderonline.com/coll/search/index.shtml & you're sure to find one. Also check http://www.recycler.com . And good luck & most of the fun is in finding your car.

------------------
Jay
In-the-works 67 Malibu
My page with my ugly mug on it!
Backyard Builders

·
Registered
80 Posts
Go by your local magazine stand and pick up a copy of Hemmings. It will have a listing of a few hundred Chevelles of all kinds and prices. Also to sort out whether you like the square "shoebox style" of the early models versus the rounded muscular style of the later models, click on this websites Feature Car of the month. These cars are very cool. Though I own a '70 SS, I've come to appreciate the '66-67 model as my favorite model year. Good luck, kid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.