Chevelles.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1967 Chevelle Malibu
334 Posts
Considering the ladders are rated for 300 lbs each (600 lbs total), I'd say they were drinking before they started, and it "seemed like a good idea at the time"....

·
Registered
48 Posts
I wouldn't question integrity as much if they remembered to put construction adhesive between those bricks. But even then those brown ones with holes crumble apart if you breath on them from the wrong angle.

·
Premium Member
1967 Chevelle Malibu
334 Posts
I wouldn't question integrity as much if they remembered to put construction adhesive between those bricks. But even then those brown ones with holes crumble apart if you breath on them from the wrong angle.
Considering they had the narrow leg of the ladder sitting on the edge/side of the brick, I'm shocked they didn't crush under the pinpoint weight...

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Those are 250 LB rated ladders but are able to support 4 times their intended load.
Not saying this is at all safe, just chiming in!

·
Premium Member
4,798 Posts
I would be least concerned about the ladders and the beam. Propane, blocks on the side, what looks like 5 gallon pails, balancing the bigger pieces on the smaller pieces...wonder what they were planning to use the milk crates for?

·
Registered
837 Posts
I've seen this pic before. I would guess it is probably a set-up pic for fun. BUT, that being said, a lot of us <ahem> seasoned folks have probably done something nearly as dumb in the 50's, 60's or 70's. Those were the times not everyone had a cherry picker or all the tools required to do something safely. We didn't even have a floor Jack until Sears came out with their $99 special in the early 70's and that was a lot of money then. I used a bumper jack until I got that floor jack and still use the green Sears floor jack today.

Just sayin.....grr

·
Premium Member
Bill
1,222 Posts
I'm impressed with finding the balance point of the engine and trans with the one strap wrapped around the bottom. I can just see a dog running through the garage and watching the dominoes fall.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm impressed with finding the balance point of the engine and trans with the one strap wrapped around the bottom. I can just see a dog running through the garage and watching the dominoes fall.
I would have to think all this lift was from experience.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts