Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Not that I am recommending such activity but....

It helps if you have a tach but not necessary. Hold down the brake to lock up all the wheels. Slowly press the accelerator to get the RPM up. When the motor is revving where you want it, get off the brake and nail the gas. If you RPM was too low, you'll "hook" and not break the tires loose. You'll have to experiment to find the right RPM that will break them loose. If you don't have a tach, listen to the engine and feel how the car lifts.

Of course if you are racing, you would want to get your motor to just below that RPM point so that maximum energy is getting to the road and not spinning the tires.

That RPM point is determined by lots of factors like motor, trans, rear end (gears and open vs. posi), tires and road conditions.

With all that being said, take it easy. Play around like that at the track, not on the road.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Gee....with radials I just put the gas about 1/4 the way down

Or floor it in 2nd gear

------------------
"NOTHIN BUT A GOOD TIME...and it dont get better than this!"

Big 'ol Baddass Dave Armstrong "the cattle rustler"

'67 Chevelle 396/Th400/4.10
'95 Firebird Formula LT1(2FST4LOV)

The Burnout
The Launch
The MAN!!!(the guy in the black shirt)

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
??? Does that really say "The Cattle Hustler"?

Gee Dave, that's telling us just a bit too much.

·
Registered
42 Posts
put it in first gear(while on the brake).....give it gas to get the tires spinning......after about 5-10sec in first then shift to second gear(while still holding brake)....when you have some good white smoke going(about 30 sec)then let off the brake(still in second gear).....and floor that mother.....should end up with lottts of smoke and a lot of rubber on the road(and qt.panels too)....that is if you don't break anything

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Block Dave:
Gee....with radials I just put the gas about 1/4 the way down

Or floor it in 2nd gear

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

True - True

------------------
71' 3880# with me. Big Block 402, TH400, 3.73 posi,
13.1sec @ 105 MPH (poor 2.1 sixty foot and rookie tuning)
--will be racing at Chevellebration 2001!--
Picture of me roasting the tires and other guy stuff
Video of me staging (smoke of course)

·
Registered
279 Posts
With my drag radials I just put it about 1/2 way down.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I do not understand this. I thought all automotive destruction methods were in the genetic code of all young american males. Cmon man all you have to do is hold the brakes enough to keep the car from rolling and depress the accelerator to the floor. The tires will break loose and the car will/should not moove unless you take your foot out of the gas, or let up on the brake.
You will have to experiment with it all to get it just right. Dont try to do your first burnout in a crowded parking lot or a playground. This is not a thing to experiment with on cruise night. You never know how a certain car will react.

Let us know how the car destruction/tiresmoking goes

------------------
350 4speed 12bolt 3.73's
Bench Blue w/black inter. [email protected]

·
Premium Member
2,200 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ChevelleCLM:
I do not understand this. I thought all automotive destruction methods were in the genetic code of all young american males.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ummm...He's from Israel.

------------------
You can sleep in your car,but you cant drive your house.
Tony. H . 406 powered , Mohave Gold , 72'Malibu

·
Registered
992 Posts
Simchah Chevelle

·
Registered
501 Posts
LOL hahaha Gravity Boy!!!!
I guess maybe the non resident has something to do with this? Chaos are you american, living in Isreal? are you Isrealy? SP? Whats the scoop? Were you you successful on your burnout?

------------------
350 4speed 12bolt 3.73's
Bench Blue w/black inter. [email protected]

·
Registered
290 Posts
That first reply kills me LOl LOL
Not that i recomend such activty but
Go right a head and lay a big black patch for me Chaos
Do the water thing light them up real good and get a buddy to snap a pic.Then send it to us i would love to down load this pic and put with my outher pics.Good luck Bro let us know how things turn out and keep an eye open. Here in Canada and the US our police dont take to kindly to this As i say Fun

------------------
http:/hometown.aol.com/ddppell/myhomepage/profile.html
Don Pell 66 396 Beaumont.
Once bitten twice shy.
Don Pell 66 396Beaumont.
Once bitten twice shy

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hey you never know! I suppose I should have put in a two-page disclaimer. Don't you just love the car commercials where they show a car zooming around a windy road or skidding sidways for half a mile but with the small print that says "Do not attempt this. Professional diver, closed course."

Or what about the truck commercials that show literally TONS of stuff (even other trucks!) being hauled around but the tiny lettering at the bottom says that you shouldn't (can't) do this.

So...I highly discourage such roudy behavior in today's youth....

....but if your are going to do, follow the valuable suggestions made here.

Have a nice day.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I showed my wife how to do that in my 73 Vega wagon which had a 327. She took it to the store one day, called me a couple hours later that she had a flat tire. I noticed a bunch of rubber on the rear quarter panel and asked about it. She claimed to know nothing about it. She said she spun the tires just a little when she gave it slightly too much gas leaving the the store driveway then things felt funny. I found a black stripe a little ways down the road exiting the store driveway and it was a good 50 feet long

Glad she didnt floor it!
I love that girl!

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
I knew a Ford owner that poured old trans fluid in front of his rear tires, rolled into it and punched it. Acted just like a Chevy then.

------------------
Rick
67ss bb
But dear, all it needs is a harmonic balancer.....
Rick's 67

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hi Dave, Nice shot of your car at Fudd's

No, my car was suppose to be Mulsanne blue but that wasnt what I got. Lets say I went on vacation for 2 weeks, left my car with the guy who was doing the paint. Apparently he didnt verify the paint he got and didnt notice the color was different. I dont believe its a GM color.
It's got some pearl in it and kinda changes colors from light to dark depending on the angle and light. I like it tho. Bizilllllion times better then the old paint
:
http://home1.gte.net/res096qi/71Elky.htm

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.