Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 64SS Convertible that was originally white (now red). The interior is black (not sure if that was original or not).
Whoever the genius is that thought up a black interior for a convertible, I hope he is roasting in hell, as I am roasting on earth now. Can someone tell me exactly which interior parts would have to change color if I went to ivory or where I could find that information? Thanks

·
Premium Member
17,557 Posts
I know for 1966 with a white interior, the carpet, dash and bottom of the door panels were black, not sure of the console and kick panels.

So seat covers and door panels and arm rests. don't know what else for a 64 though.
I do know with the white, you will feel a big difference. I don't have a top at all, and my seats don't feel that hot, except for that little chrome medalian in the middle of the seat. I can't see it, but I know I must have a copy in the middle of my back...

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
I empathize with you my friend, my 64SS conv is Yellow and has a black interior and while I am painting it the original color, I am putting a saddle interior in it and top.

------------------
Leo Paugh
Maryland Chevelle Club #017
A.C.E.S.#3731
there is only one way to fail, and thats to quit.
Maryland Chevelle Club

·
Premium Member
3,400 Posts
I feel your pain. When I was in high school (eons ago) one of our family cars was a 67 Plymouth Sport Fury convertible, which had a white interior. First convertible my wife & I bought is our 69 Impala, which has a Parchment (pearl white) interior. Our recently acquired 69 Chevelle convertible also has the Parchment interior. As you might guess, I'm sold on a white interior in a convertible. I enjoy my skin in the non-scorched condition, thank you.

For a white interior in a 64, I believe only the seats and door panels were white. I believe that other items (dash pad, kick panels, console, and carpeting) varied with the exterior color of the car. If you are keeping it red, I would guess those items should be red. If you're going back to a white exterior, I don't know what the proper color would be for the interior trim items. Might have a choice of red, turquoise, or black???

------------------
Bill Pritchard
69 SS396 Convertible
"Doing my part to help the disadvantaged - My Chevelle was for sale by a blatant liar. Didn't trust him, so I hired a blind man to inspect it before I bought it."
My low tech web page

[This message has been edited by Bill Pritchard (edited 04-26-2001).]

·
Super Moderator
16,020 Posts
I'm not sure how much help this is, but in my '65 the white interior consists of white seats, top 2/3 for the door panels in white, white headlinter and white pinch weld covers. Everything else, carpet, dash, dash pad, lower 1/3 of door panels and package tray are black. I would think '64 would have used a similar set up. Since you have no headliner, just new seat covers and door panels would do the trick.

Here's a picture of my interior:

http://www.geocities.com/ticklewiggle/finishedinteriorfront.jpg

------------------
NCOA member #220
ACES member #1670
Team Chevelle #998
Rich's 1965 Malibu SS Restoration Project Progress Page
1:18 scale diecast car Detailing by Scooter

[This message has been edited by Rich-L79 (edited 04-26-2001).]

·
Registered
269 Posts
If any of you with 64's with black interior are interested in selling your black stuff, I might be interested in buying. Mines red and I hate it. Thanks. I can be e-mailed at
[email protected]

·
Administrator
3,376 Posts
We couldn't stand it either and have a set of 'slip on' fuzzy seat covers. Made a world of difference. They go on and off in seconds and make the drive much nicer (and less sticky too! )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.