Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 72 and I would love to find a Nixon or Wallace presidential election bumper sticker to put on my car. Problem is I can't find one. Can anyone tell me were I can get one or any other cool bumper sticker that referecnces post 1972 events? Can you give me ideas on what other events happened or other bumper stickers you recall that were cool and where i might find one? [No thank you on the Carter stuff}

·
Registered
40 Posts
Michael,
An excellent source of historical information is:
www.historychannel.com

You will find a "timeline" for events which happened during any period of your choosing.

Also is a very well written "Today in Automotive History" section which you may enjoy.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
An ageless, always in vogue bumpersticker is still available :"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE FORDS"

------------------

·
Registered
367 Posts
How 'bout.....Got this car for my wife. Pretty good deal huh?!

·
Registered
777 Posts
DaDon,
That is EXACTLY what I did this past Christmas. Got the wife a '70 Chevelle!! And OH what fun I've been having ever since! Plenty of guys around here want to know how to get in on this scheme! It's good to be the king...

------------------
Madness takes it's toll, please have exact change.

Fred
'70 Chevelle
http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/shop/9385/1970Chevelle.html

·
Registered
80 Posts
A George Wallace bumper sticker? Get real. Can't find them up north (whoever heard of the Guv'na in Maine or Minnesota)and they'd be priceless down south, assuming any still existed. My dad had a Wallace license plate on the front of his old Chevy pickup and left it there until it had faded to totally white. He still didn't have the heart to take it off years later and sold the truck with the plate still on.

To each his own!

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Try checking out "Flea Markets" and places like that to find someone to make a sticker. I've got a buddy who works for the local Anheiser-Busch distributor (makes the beer signs) who's making me a few custom bumper stickers:
"End Road Rage: Keep right, use signals!"

Good luck in your search.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.