Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have what I know to be a real 1970 SS (w/build sheet, protectaplate, pre-delivery check sheet, etc.). My concern is that my front bumper lights have amber lenses instead of clear lenses with amber bulbs. Doea anyone know of another SS that has these lenses or are all SS's supposed to have clear lenses? I'd rather not replace them unless I know for a fact that they are totally incorrect.

·
Premium Member
4,478 Posts
For the 1970's it's easy. ALL SS cars got CLEAR lenses with a amber bulb inside.

ALL NON-SS cars got amber lenses.

Your in luck if you've got a genuine SS, the clear lenses are plentiful.

Being a '70 Malibu owner, I know from experience that the amber lenses are hard to come by unfortunately.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With this in mind, is anyone willing to swap a pair of clear lenses for my amber lenses?

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
clear ones were for ss...arent these available from the aftermarket?

------------------
70 chevelle ss396 conv
66 chevelle ss396 hdp/conv

·
Premium Member
4,478 Posts
Kevin-

No need to swap unless you want to. The clear lenses are available from just about every supplier for Chevelle parts.

The problem is with the amber ones. No one makes a repro. I had to buy used!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup, I checked Year One, Ground Up, etc...they all sell repro clear lenses. I even found some NOS lenses on ebay. I guess my amber lenses would be good candidates for an upcoming swap meet. Kevin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.