Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a set of front and rear bumper guards from Goodmark (made in Tiawan on the boxes). They are a very nice quality but don't fit perfectly flush. They're close but there are some slight gaps here and there. Were the factory ones perfectly flush or should I be happy with 'close enough'?

·
Premium Member
5,039 Posts
I've had NOS and used originals for 1968's and 1970-72 and they had small gaps here and there as well. I'd guess none were perfect.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I have some on the front of my 70, as far as I kow there original, and they have some small gaps

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys, I feel better now. I appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Did your car come with them originally? Mine did but I forgot to mark the holes on the repro bumper before I tossed the bent original one and have no idea where or how to drill the holes without "chipping" the chrome.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Goodmark makes some great products.Typically Taiwan has the better manufactured parts. You usually don't have to worry about product made there.

Believe me I get allot of stuff across my desk over here it look at.;)

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did your car come with them originally? Mine did but I forgot to mark the holes on the repro bumper before I tossed the bent original one and have no idea where or how to drill the holes without "chipping" the chrome.
Mine did not have them originally. I plan to put them on tomorrow. I'm hoping to use a lot of tape to drill into to prevent chipping and plan to seal the holes hopefully to keep moisture from getting under the plating. The front guards holes should be 8" each side from center and the rear holes are 11" each side from center. With the rubber strips removed, I can place the guard and mark the holes through the front onto the bumper. I just hope my drill and bit are up to the task!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts