Team Chevelle banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
9,029 Posts
The driver was still at the scene so it might not have been that bad of a wreck.I'll bet they fix it or sell it to a place that rebuilds wrecks.Without seeing the frame and not knowing if its been bent bad all the damage looked to be exterior damage.
The roof had some crush damage so maybe you're right about that, blm.

· Premium Member
3,269 Posts
National treasure.? Not anymore...shoulda maybe drove it like a National treasure than shouldn't you...? ..It's a ford but still was a nice car....This looks like The show from the History Channel Highway Through Hell or Heavy Rescue 401. Coulda used a rotator and lifted the car right up and over and onto the a flat deck... no dragging...they show on at the start and end of the video...

· Premium Member
12,572 Posts
National treasure.? Not anymore...shoulda maybe drove it like a National treasure than shouldn't you...?
Capt,
Not really a fair statement as we dont know the particulars that led to that car going off the road. I thought the ro!l back driver said in the beginning of the video he was headed to a three vehicle accident? Maybe he lost control trying to avoid a Deer? Maybe another driver in front of him was distracted and caused the accident? Could be many scenarios that were not the fault of the Mustang driver.
Looks like that car removed a fair section of guard rail and removing several support posts. Probably significant damage underneath.

· Premium Member
3,269 Posts
Fair enough blm. We don't know the whole story only what were shown... but if you really love your car... drive defensively in the weather conditions... slow down due to rain soaked roads and visibility and darkness. to do that much to a guard rail like those and jump it...he was moving and probably too fast to be able to avoid things that pop up in the night.
I have had to clean up too many accidents caused by guys who drive them like they stole it OR were given it. He is a very lucky young man to be able to walk away with a sore arm.

· Premium Member
10,997 Posts
The driver was still at the scene so it might not have been that bad of a wreck.I'll bet they fix it or sell it to a place that rebuilds wrecks.Without seeing the frame and not knowing if its been bent bad all the damage looked to be exterior damage.
The roof had some crush damage so maybe you're right about that, blm.
Frame??????????????????

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.