Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I was replacing my carpet today and low and behold look what I found....

Not one but 2 more build sheets under and in the rear seat. I spoted the first on under the springs and on top of the body....:hurray:

I then looked again and found another one inside the seat. It was between the croker sack looking material that is inside the springs.....

I now have 5 build sheets. These two plus one of of the gas tank, one from inside the door panel, and the other is a carbon copy that came with the cars paperwork when it was purchased in 1971.

I checked under all the tar pads where the seats are and inside the dash but did not find any others.....I guess I got them all :D

ASO544

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Congratulations! You've got 5 build sheets and I don't have one! How is that fair?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wonder what is the most sheets ever found in one car? 4 have come out of the inside of mine (that I or my uncle have found) and I am not sure where the carbon copy one actually came from. If it was inside the car or attached to shipping paperwork or what. My uncle, the second owner, said when he bought the car in 1973, the owner gave him the carbon copy buildsheet along with some other documention (that can be seen by clicking my link below).

Just curious as to why some cars have a few or none, and some have plenty.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
where was yours in the carpet? ive got mine out and im wondering if it was directly against the floor pan or inbetween the carpet and insulation?
you inspired me to pull out my carpet and back seat:Di havent found anything thus far but the back seat has yet to come out
When I unhooked the back seat from its two retaining hooks and pulled it up, one was between the bottom seat spring and the body. The other was in between the upper and lower springs (inside) of the rear seat seat. Also, check under those tar pads, i have read where they are sometines under those!!!

Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
622 Posts
When I unhooked the back seat from its two retaining hooks and pulled it up, one was between the bottom seat spring and the body. The other was in between the upper and lower springs (inside) of the rear seat seat. Also, check under those tar pads, i have read where they are sometines under those!!!

Good Luck!!!
nothing yet, the hunt continues tommorw....

·
Premium Member
2,181 Posts
I wonder what is the most sheets ever found in one car? 4 have come out of the inside of mine (that I or my uncle have found) and I am not sure where the carbon copy one actually came from. If it was inside the car or attached to shipping paperwork or what. My uncle, the second owner, said when he bought the car in 1973, the owner gave him the carbon copy buildsheet along with some other documention (that can be seen by clicking my link below).

Just curious as to why some cars have a few or none, and some have plenty.
That's a nice batch of build sheets. :cool: Pretty rare alright to find that many.
I have a car here that came with 8 Buildsheets :eek:! 5 of them are matching the car they were in, and the other 3 are for the 3 cars previous to it on the assembly line. I wonder if this is a record amount.:confused:

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
My 71 was built in Van Nuys, Ca. and I found one on the gas tank so far. I better start looking around for some more.

·
Registered
311 Posts
do yourself and the potential next owner a favor, photo copy them all, and then stick a few good ones in acid free plastic bags from a comic book store, seal them up, and hide them back in the car. never know, maybe someone will restore it again someday, and the will be thanking their lucky stars for your forethought.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Great idea..... will get on that this coming weekend. I always make copies and put the originals in my safe. I then use the copies I made for a documentation book I keep in the trunk when people ask about the authenticity of the car. Would not hurt to put other copies in the car for possible future owner incase something happened to the originals and the documentation book.

ASO544

·
Premium Member
5,687 Posts
I found mine friday night! top of gas tank. Wasn't under carpet or rear seat, so I was hoping....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts