Team Chevelle banner

Build Sheets

1327 37
Who's been lucky enough to find a build sheet in their car? Not long after I bought my 70 Malibu in 2016, I was doing some mechanical upgrades, and decided to drop the fuel tank to do a little detailing. I was pleasantly surprised to find the build sheet on top of the tank, still in relatively good condition. I just had to to put it in a frame and hang it in the garage. Oddly enough, another build sheet was found behind the rear seat, but none of the information matched the vin on my car....so who knows how it got there.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Premium Member
15,216 Posts
Same here for me. Mine is a 69 Atlanta car. No build sheets in 69 Atlanta cars however oddly enough they are common in 70 Atlanta cars.

Reactions: Leadhead

· Premium Member
Rochester, New York
2,225 Posts
Haven't found one in my 69 Elco, and there's only place left I haven't looked at yet - under the gas tank.
The tank still looks very much original, but I'm afraid I'd muck things up if I tried to take it out just to look. :eek:

· Registered
48 Posts
Wish I could find one for mine. The car was nothing special from the factory (69 Malibu, 307/PG, split bench) but it would be a cool artifact to find. If there was one it has likely long since rotted away. The only place I haven't looked yet is the split bench upholstery.

· Registered
2 Posts
I bought my 1974 GMC Sprint in 1978. Sometime in the '80's, I found a build sheet under the carpet. It's more than 95% legible Two years ago, I pulled the fuel tank to clean it up, and found the remnants (less than 50%) of a second build sheet. The section that was sandwiched between the tank and the frame is in almost as good condition as the sheet that was under the carpet.

· Premium Member
326 Posts
I actually found 3 in my '71 Chevelle SS built in Kansas. Two in the rear seat and one like the OP, on top of the gas tank.

· Registered
2,299 Posts
Haven't found one in my 69 Elco, and there's only place left I haven't looked at yet - under the gas tank.
The tank still looks very much original, but I'm afraid I'd muck things up if I tried to take it out just to look. :eek:
Did you look into the door jam at the hinge area / cowl, between the inner fender skirt and the outer fender, attached to the fender.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts