Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep hearing of people finding their build sheet on top of the gas tank. Do you have to drop the tank to see if its there or can you just reach up and feel around for it? This is about the only place I have not looked. Thanks.

------------------

ACES member #3339
Owner of 69' SS396 Chevelle and soon to be owner of 70' LS-6

·
Registered
337 Posts
You have to drop the tank.
This is the most common place to find it.
GM still puts them there to this day.

Jeff

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have found the sheet for my 72 and 73 and several other cars stuffed in the springs of the rear seat bottom. My cousin has been searching for his in his 72 SS with no luck. Never heard about the tank trick

------------------
Frank W
Melrose MA
Gen X Member#22 (MA)
73 Malibu Coupe
hometown.aol.com/folingo/folingo.html
Mighty 305 Power

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
I have found em under the rear seat (always) behind a door panel (sometimes) stuffed under the dash (sometimes) and the best place with the best condition is behind the drivers side bucket seat plastic back. My last 70ss396 conv had it there and it was in mint condition, and usually the one under the back seat is not that great. I have never found one on top of the gas tank, and I have dropped dozens of tanks on various parts cars..I know they put them there but I have never found one. I love finding them and looking at them, even on standard cars!

------------------
70 chevelle ss396 conv
66 chevelle ss396 hdp/conv

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.