Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend who has a 69 GTO claim that if he calls GM with his vin# they can print up a build sheet for his car. Is this true??? If so, can I do the same for my 72 chevelle??

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
For cars built in Canada you can call the following # and recieve info about your car as it came off the line. It costs $40 Canadian, I have not used this # yet but was given it by someone here on this site.
1-800-263-3777

------------------
Rod Jamieson
Lacombe Alberta Canada
Team Chevelle Gold #22
1970 454
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
No, and I doubt your friend has actually done this. Ask him to show it to you.

GM will provide you with an info pack on your model of car, in general, but nothing specific to that vehicle.

If it was built by GM Canada, then you can get quite a bit more info, but you'll have to ask one of the guys from up there about it.

Kurt

------------------
The 68 Chevelle info page. [last updated Nov. 30, 98]
www.geocities.com/~68_chevelle/Chevelle/Info.html
Email: [email protected]
T.C. Gold #6
A.C.E.S. #1352

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
There is a 1-800 number you can cal and, upon providing your VIN, get some info, but it's just general details. Nothing that is vehicle specific is available.

The number is in some older posts. If you do a search, you should be able to find it.

Kurt

------------------
The 68 Chevelle info page. [last updated Nov. 30, 98]
www.geocities.com/~68_chevelle/Chevelle/Info.html
Email: [email protected]
T.C. Gold #6
A.C.E.S. #1352

·
Registered
934 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Pontiac can provide the information you're talking about. All GM divisions are different. Olds can provide dealer invoice on '77 and newer cars. I hear that Cadillac has records going way back. Chevrolet, nothing unless manufactured or sold in Canada.

------------------
Fred Aldrich
Web Site: www.GeoCities.com/~69_chevelle

·
Gold Founding Member
978 Posts

·
Registered
13,035 Posts
Rich- If your car was built in Canada, the VIN on the dash will have a "1" in the 7th place. It would be like 1363701100001 This would be the VIN for the first coupe to come from the Oshawa assembly plant.

·
Gold Founding Member
978 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,001 Posts
The 'R' is for Arlington, Texas

Dave - according to my books the Oshawa, Canada cars had a '1' for the plant code and the build sequence began with
500001 not 100001 like the U.S. built cars

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.