Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I was checking out this beautiful '70 Malibu, and saw the picture of the build sheet. I was looking through the options, and at the end, it says code ZJ7, which is special wheel treatment. I was curious as to what this option was. I know I've seen them with the deluxe wheel covers, and ralley wheels, but never this. It's hard to tell now, because it as the SS wheels on it now. Here's the link to it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970...oryZ6164QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Premium Member
2,181 Posts
ZJ7 is the code for rally wheels, the same style like on the Vettes, but different size on a Chevelle.

·
Premium Member
2,181 Posts
Glad to help.

·
Premium Member
19,751 Posts
Very pretty Malibu. Typical dealer that doesn't know what's what or cares to research anything. It not, and wasn't born, Marina Blue - that's a 66 & 67 color. Paint code shows it to be Astro Blue, a very pretty color. Not all numbers match as the vinyl top should be white - dealers make me skeptical of the original engine and transmission as well when other things don't match. Nice to see it was left as a Malibu and not 'dressed' up with SS badging.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
this is an example of what can happen when someone uses good taste. nice factory color used; not SS cloned; car sits nice; factory wheels used. i think the stripes are fine. they weren't going for totally stock look or they would have kept the flat hood. the hood and stripes give it a more aggressive appearance.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Nice looking malibu. It should do much better than the current bid.

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
Nice car. Im sure it will become an SS by someone in the future. Shouldnt there be Malibu letters on the front fenders?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts