Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a little help... I have searched My 70 El Camino for the build sheet and no luck. The seat appeared to be redone when I bought the car. But I was told it was original. I have done everything I could to find the sheet with out totally taking it apart. Places I looked: Seat, Top of gas tank, behind the dash, kick panels, engine compartment and under the bed panel in back.
The El Camino was "Special Ordered" and delivered to Fresno in June of 1970. Is it possible that "Special Ordered" from the Dealership did not come with a Build Sheet? I have the protect-o-plate that list some of the options, it helps a little.

Any help is appreciated... Also I don't want to take my car apart.

Thank you

------------------
JR
70 396SS El Camino #'s Matching.
69 396SS Chevelle, project "Street Bruiser"
H-D Ultra Classic E-Glide
I live to own toyz...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not all cars came with build sheets, it could have been trashed on the assembly line. Also, a previous owner could have already gotten it. Check behind the door panels too. Where was the car built? That could narrow things down a bit. Good Luck.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A-Body,
My El Camino is coded for Los Angeles/Van Nuys, Ca.
VIN# Has an L in it.
Cowl Tag has BL on it.

------------------
JR
70 396SS El Camino #'s Matching.
69 396SS Chevelle, project "Street Bruiser"
H-D Ultra Classic E-Glide
I live to own toyz...

·
Registered
33 Posts
I found my build sheet for my Van Nuys built el camino under the carpet behind the drivers seat. Was between the carpet and sound deadener.

------------------
Gregg
Bonsall, Ca.
Gold #99
70 SS Convt. / 70 SS LS5
58 Alfa (the little woman's car!)

·
Registered
10 Posts
If most Most Van Nuys cars have the buildsheet on top of the gas tank, were other plants known for putting them in a certain places? If so, who was known for putting them where?

Thanks,

KeeBird

·
Registered
934 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
My Baltimore Elky had the build sheet in the back of the passenger's side seat (bench seat). I think that's the only one left in my car.

------------------
1970 Chevy Custom El Camino aka Kaileigh
Green Mist & Silver w/Green Vinyl Top
350ci/300HP 4bbl & Factory Dual Exhaust
Non-SS with Factory Rallies!
My El Camino Home Page - www.dreamelectric.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.