Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know what a clean 69 Buick GS 400 w/454 in it would be worth? Car is very clean ,no rust or body damage.Thanx Clarence.

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
I am no GS expert but have been playing around with them a little. I cant tell a value but I can tell you that the 68-9 cars seem to be worth a lot less than the 70-72 cars, and even the 70-72s are valued less than a comparable chevelle (of course except something special like a GSX). If you like the car buy it, but no way is it an investment car IMO, especially with a chevy engine.

------------------
Dave
70 chevelle ss396 conv
66 chevelle ss396 hdp/conv
72 chevelle
TC member #493
Never forget Earnhardt!

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I like them-very much! Never owned one, thought the GSX's looked real good!

·
Registered
638 Posts
I think they're great! My older brother had a 68 GS400. The CLASSY muscle car, leather interior was elegant, performance outstanding. I think a GS with a Chevy 454 would be a great combo to play with. Maybe not the best investment, but for sheer fun it's a big winner.

------------------
Bob Von Kaenel
70 SS 402ci TH400

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yup,
I always liked the GS, but im partial to the 70 style. I think a GS would look good sitting next to my chevelle.

As for the value, it really matters on the condition of the engine/tranny. Their obviously not original, unless you meant to say 455.

A good GS with no engine/tranny, minimal rust and body dammage can be had for 2k sometimes. Good Interiors are also a plus $. Add the value of the engine/tranny to that, and you got an estimate.

------------------
1970 Chevelle Malibu
307 "hauls stock"

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey MalibuDreamer nice car.Pretty much the same color as the GS 400 Ijust got.Wish I had the room to keep it next to my 70 Chevelle.The car is for sale if anyone's wondering.Its listed in the members area or just e-mail for info.Gonna be asking 3000.BTW drptop70ss I definately agree on the value compared to the Chevelles.I wouldn't sell my Chevelle (again) for anything.

[This message has been edited by 70S_GUY (edited 11-04-2001).]

·
Registered
175 Posts
There's a buick gs big block "Stage one" at the garage where i came often, they bring him there for a rebuilt, they blow-up the engine
The cam was completely gone.
There's a completly restorated '70 gs 350 driving in my area and i like that one very much.

·
Registered
514 Posts
didn't the GS make a stage 1 model? I think it was pulling numbers like 12.5 out of the factiry in the 1/4…

·
Registered
175 Posts
Ok, i'm not sure, but the emblem was placed on the fender...I know that means nothing..i'll check for more info when i'm back at the garage..hoping he's still there.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I posted a '70 GS 350 for sale here about 6 months ago and I only got one response. I ended up selling it for $2500. Cool car, mint green with a black interior in excellent condition. I think they all came with functional dual cold air hood intakes.

------------------
Armando
San Gabriel, CA
66 Malibu,454,M22
57 Bel Air
95 Impala SS

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
A friend used to do tuneups at his house to support his racing habit. He called me up one day and said come over and se what I am working on. It was a 70 Stage one car. The thing was as fancy as a Cad but was also really fast for a luxury car actually guite inpressive.

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,687 Posts
Those '70 GS 455 Stage 1's are damn fast. Huge amounts of torque. Mid to low 13's off the showroom floor. One of the few cars in '70 that could challenge an LS-6 Chevelle.

------------------
von '69 300 Dlx SS TC #15 ACES #1575
My '69 SS

·
Premium Member
28,594 Posts
I have a soft spot for 70 Buick GS's..I recently sold a 70 GS 455/4 speed convertible,1 of 126 built.Real nice ride.I just misssed out on a 70 GS455 Stage 1 car last night..strong #3,all matching #'s..sold for 10K! Funny thing is,if it was a matching # LS6 car in the condtion the Buick was in,it would have cost about 25-30K..funny how that is.

------------------
1970 Chevelle SS396/M20/4.10 My 70 SS396
Engine pic
1970 Chevelle SS454My 70 SS454
1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass convertible
1982 Oldsmobile Cutlass 350 Olds,TH350(daily driver)
Chris Corwel,TC Member 785

[This message has been edited by mr 4 speed (edited 11-05-2001).]

·
Premium Member
785 Posts

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
There's a guy locally who has a 71 GS 400 (or it may be a 72) that is nice and straight, and would be a good resto candidate. But he's planning to yank the Buick engine, install a 454, and he said he's going to tub it and install a cage and turn it into a bracket racer.
It's a shame. That going to be a real waste of very nice car.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.