Chevelles.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HeY, I have some bugs in my electrical system I was hoping to get advice on.

First, Only the passanger side low beam works when i turn the lights on, And if changer over to high beams, Only the driver side high beam works, And also for awhile the "bright" light would stay half lit all the time, And the horn was shorted untill recently (I stopped using the high beams and just left low beams on no matter what)
I suspect it's the floor hgh beam switch but any other ideas?

And my dash light does not light up with the rest of the lights, I found a spare wire hanging under the dash hooked it up to my radio power wire and it let up, I can't really see under my dash to see where it's real home is, Right now I have it on a toggle switch under my dash.

And just last night my Gen light came on, I know this comes on when the battery is dead or low, But does it come on when there is a problem with the alternator or the battery is starting to not charge?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Jason

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
For the headlights I would grab a test light and see if they are getting power. I would also grab a six pack cause it could take awhile to trace down the gremlin. Don't rule out the floor dimmer switch. Also while your there clean a ll the contacts. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts