Team Chevelle banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
What's wierd about the VERY localized snowfalls is that CNX lives maybe 1/4 to 1/2 mile up the main road from me; he is free but we will be awaiting the green ANG front loaders to clear our street. My mom lives across the county and has maybe 8" ( inches not feet!) of snow.

That's why they called up the ANG, for their equipment ! I am praying for a green machine to show up soon!

Last time this happened, the neighborhood was able to clear the road with our own snowblowers - this stuff is too heavy and wet for that to work, but if no green machines show up by mid morning.....we may be out in unison !
A front loader just hit the street across from me on your side but i don’t see it being done until lunch time. Hopefully they hit yours by nighttime. 62 was wet pavement yesterday. The apron was a two step snowblower/plow at a good 5 ft of compacted road snow.

·
Premium Member
24,699 Posts
I am hunting deer in my dreams Tommy!

On the positive side, got 120 5.56 done ( 55 and62 gr) yesterday, and now am working on some .243. And then if I have time, I'll get to the '06 which is specifically for the M1 Garand.

Dont use a -06 for deer anymore, WAY too much gun. .243 is more than adequate. Maybe I;ll get out this week after all!

So thunder snow = much reloading! I hope to get near 300 rounds loaded. SIngle stage btw, so very time consuming, but its all I got right now!

Reactions: LeoP

·
Registered
309 Posts

On the positive side, got 120 5.56 done ( 55 and62 gr) yesterday, and now am working on some .243. And then if I have time, I'll get to the '06 which is specifically for the M1 Garand.

Dont use a -06 for deer anymore, WAY too much gun. .243 is more than adequate. Maybe I;ll get out this week after all!

So thunder snow = much reloading! I hope to get near 300 rounds loaded. SIngle stage btw, so very time consuming, but its all I got right now!
I wish I had the patience. I cannot do the same thing over and over. I’m all over the place.

·
Premium Member
Rochester, New York
2,220 Posts
Talk about lake effect; I'm in Rochester - only about a 1-hour drive away, and we barely got a trace.
The thing is - if you want to live up here in the rust belt - you have to plan. My SUV is 4WD, I have a nice big snowblower, and I have a backup generator. This prepares you for annual snow, but what Buffalo is seeing - well, this is even a record amount for them. Lucky it's going to get warm enough next week to where these snow piles will dwindle down, if not go away.
I'll still take the snow over a hurricane. Snow is moved out of the way in the winter and melts come spring. At least my house is still standing. (y)

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Heading out for the 3rd day in a row to plow out my driveway. Already sick of this sh*t and it's only November. Florida is looking better everyday. View attachment 754852
That beats a snow blower for sure. I regret selling the 8' by 29" tall plow I had on my truck. Snow removal for me sucks these days. What brand/model 4-wheeler is that?

·
Premium Member
11,873 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
My son lives in North Tonowanda, northtowns. They got about as much as we did in southern Allegany County, about 10". 10 miles south of him or anywhere in between us and him is 1ft. to 6.5 ft I can't imagine getting dumped on like that and having to remove it. I bitch about my 10 "wondering what the heck am I'm doing here as a retiree. It's weird how some get nothing and others get blasted. Those lake effect snow bands when they get set up on Lake Erie are nasty and then with the wind.....brutal. If I can get my wife talked into it Fla. here we come.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts

It'll be close to 50 degrees on Thanksgiving...Go figure....Like we say in WNY if you don't like the weather just wait 5 min.

·
Premium Member
15,211 Posts
"wondering what the heck am I'm doing here as a retiree. It's weird how some get nothing and others get blasted. Those lake effect snow bands when they get set up on Lake Erie are nasty and then with the wind.....brutal. If I can get my wife talked into it Fla. here we come.
Perhaps living in the area that receives the majority of the lake affect storms would not be the best choice. Looks like it's going to warm up this week (at least here in PA) so a lot of the snow will melt. Will it happen again this season? Maybe, but I will say there is no geographical region in this country that is ideal. Every area has its pluses and minuses. Think I would rather endure a few days of heavy snow instead of a hurricane that destroyed everything in its path. Sure the weather in Florida looks great while New York is getting feet of snow. What about May,June,July,August,September when it is ungodly hot down South. I have neighbors that moved to South Carolina. They say in July and August it is too hot to go outside. Also get hurricanes in South Carolina.
Closest place I can think of in the US to having ideal weather is Hawaii. Very moderate climate and few storms. The cost of living there is very high.

Reactions: RAIDER SS

·
Premium Member
11,873 Posts
Sure the weather in Florida looks great while New York is getting feet of snow. What about May,June,July,August,September when it is ungodly hot down South. I have neighbors that moved to South Carolina.
There's two choices that I can think of:

Turn on the Air Conditioner or

jump in the pool

Punjabikudi GIF - Punjabikudi GIFs

·
Premium Member
24,699 Posts
Here's some more "action pics",
Filed under : stuff that dont go down in sunny FLA! ( dont try and tempt me with FLA pool pics with strange titties - I dont do FL anymore. )

Snow Wheel Car Tire Vehicle

and " our 'savior' " ...... !

Tire Snow Wheel Automotive tire Snowplow

PS HI is humid as heck and very rainly most of the time.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Here's some more "action pics",
Filed under : stuff that dont go down in sunny FLA! ( dont try and tempt me with FLA pool pics with strange titties - I dont do FL anymore. )

View attachment 754913

and " our 'savior' " ...... !

View attachment 754914

PS HI is humid as heck and very rainly most of the time.
Wow that took longer than I thought. 62 was just wet yesterday.

·
Premium Member
Rochester, New York
2,220 Posts
Hey Gene - Your SUV is a low rider now! o_O

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
I used to live in Rochester NY and would drive to Watertown through Oswego and Tug Hill Plateau. I would get stuck in stop and go on the highway many times in storms. I learned to keep my gas tank above 1/2 all the time as I almost ran out once even though I started the traffic jam with >1/2 tank. I basically sat there barely/slowly moving for 3 hours with car idling. I also learned to keep 4 jugs of washer fluid in trunk at all times in winter - I would sometimes go through 2-3 gals on a 3 hours drive from all the road spray. Fun times!! I had a company car and my boss would joke that my expense report had the most washer fluid on it of any sales rep he had ever seen. However, he understood as he used to live out there also.
No doubt! Sounds about right.

·
Premium Member
13,414 Posts
My son lives in North Tonowanda, northtowns. They got about as much as we did in southern Allegany County, about 10". 10 miles south of him or anywhere in between us and him is 1ft. to 6.5 ft I can't imagine getting dumped on like that and having to remove it. I bitch about my 10 "wondering what the heck am I'm doing here as a retiree. It's weird how some get nothing and others get blasted. Those lake effect snow bands when they get set up on Lake Erie are nasty and then with the wind.....brutal. If I can get my wife talked into it Fla. here we come.
Plenty of room here in Florida, C'mon down!!

·
Premium Member
24,699 Posts
Hey Gene - Your SUV is a low rider now! o_O
dang, it had some traction with all that weight on her! ( although I did smell some ATF once I got her unstuck - oh no!)

obseSSed, PS I didnt bitch about it, I simply REMOVED it. No imagination involved. The hurricanes and floods around here are a bitch tho! ;) I jest , my distaste with NY is heavy handed third world style government, and a fat prop tax bill for the privilege. Not the weather, even with the occasional THUNDER SNOW!

The up side, I finally get to hit our "enchanted" hills and track deer today! Thank the Lord for small favors. What a PITA this weekend was.

cnx69, i drove by from work last night @ 2050 hrs and noticed a beauty snow pile in your driveway. Off the roofs I assume? I hope for more evap - still have a pucker factor re our roof.

·
Registered
309 Posts
dang, it had some traction with all that weight on her! ( although I did smell some ATF once I got her unstuck - oh no!)

obseSSed, PS I didnt bitch about it, I simply REMOVED it. No imagination involved. The hurricanes and floods around here are a bitch tho! ;) I jest , my distaste with NY is heavy handed third world style government, and a fat prop tax bill for the privilege. Not the weather, even with the occasional THUNDER SNOW!

The up side, I finally get to hit our "enchanted" hills and track deer today! Thank the Lord for small favors. What a PITA this weekend was.

cnx69, i drove by from work last night @ 2050 hrs and noticed a beauty snow pile in your driveway. Off the roofs I assume? I hope for more evap - still have a pucker factor re our roof.
Yeah some was from the garage roof. The back slid 20 ft and bent my new fence and I’m pissed. But I think I will need to call the insurance company because we have a leak and a few cracks upstairs, gutters pulled and some other things. I’ll have to give it a good look if I’m going that route. The rafters all look ok in the attic but there has to be about 10 tons of snow up there. Unfortunately I cannot reach the house roof.

·
Premium Member
24,699 Posts
Dang man. My buddy had a "stoned thought" of putting a "salamander" in our attic and melting the stuff off! Well, I aint stoned but even that craziness beats getting up on the roof. At 61 yrs, I'm not " airborne" qualified anymore.

PS I tried to replace my fubar'd snow rake years ago , to no avail. I ordered this 30' snow rake bad boy - YESTERDAY! Amazon got drone delivery yet?

Reactions: LeoP
21 - 40 of 50 Posts