Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to change my bench but want to know what buckets (outa what car) would look good with out loosing a lot of the original look??? any idea's here is what my car looked like before it went into the shop i just picked up a cowl hood before it went in it will be ready in a few weeks going the new GM silver/grey with black stripes.
members.aol.com/jnkb2cool/chevelle.jpg

[This message has been edited by chev-hell (edited 07-24-99).]

·
Registered
63 Posts
I like my buckets alot, adjustable, sliding, and recling and they feel really good, they do depart from classic Chevelles though.. anyhoo, pic avail here genxrodsandcustoms.8m.com/ Under Mass Chapter, Chris Clark's 71 SS 468 [Interior]

they are made by ProCar (not sure how to contact them as the seats were in the car when i bought it.)

If you like, i can scan another pic i have of the interior showing the front of the seats. just ask and its done.
-Chris

[This message has been edited by 454 (edited 07-24-99).]

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just did the bench for bucket swap in my '67. My buckets are from a '71 chevelle; here's what I learned from the experience:

When someone sells you a "good" core, be suspicious; My cores came from Ground Up, for 275/pr--they sucked; the guy said all I needed were covers/foam. Wrongo; needed springs as well, bottom and back. Granted, this may be expected in seats that old, but I thought 275 was a bit much for such cores.
End result is the 2 seats cost about 800 bucks, and I did all the work--if you had soemone else do it, it'd be even more.

Second, although the seats look great (they should for 800 bucks) they are a bit too high--my knee hits the steering wheel--I posted this problem on this site and found a number of people have the same problem w/ resprings and new foams. A pro installation may have avoided this problem.

Take your time if you do the work yourself; I've done tons of mechanical and body stuff in the past, but doing the seats was very challenging--if you rush, it's likely you'll mess it up.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looking at seats from a different newer car.or maybe low back from van (cheap vynal will match the rest)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.