Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have done some searching on here and only find the opposite conversions. I have a 70 chevelle with stock bucket seats and want to swap for a bench seat. I have bought the bench seat and tried to install it and the bolts do not line up???

Is there a bracket for this conversion too??? I was told it should bolt right in :confused:

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
The front outboard bolt holes on the bucket cars is about 1/2" inboard of the holes for the bench.

If you were to remove the outer front brackets---a hole for the bench should be there.
If the hole is not there----from underneith the car you would be able to locate the right spot on the floor support and then drill it out

·
Registered
52 Posts
When I replaced the complete floor pan on my 69, the new floor pan was set up for buckets and I have bench. I remember having to remove the front floor brackets which had studs, drill holes into the floor and floor brace and then weld the nuts to the floor brace underneath the car.All these steps were done on the two front mounts for the bench seat . I believe the rear I had to just drill a hole and weld the nuts onthe brace (no bucket seat beacket to remove on the rear). If you ned me to double check I can go out to the garage and be 100 percent sure but I'm a good 95 percent without double checking.:D
Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts