Chevelles.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its time for me to start looking for bucket seats so i can get the spacing right on my floor board.am i limited to chevelle seats only or will other GM buckets work and be the right seat.thanks

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Would need to know more info about your Chevelle. What year?
Typically I can tell you that you can consider bucket seats from any 68' to 72' Chevelle or even Monte Carlo, if your Chevelle falls into this year catagory. There may be a few minor differences but usually nothing that would keep you from using them. Depending on what year your car is The later model years may have seat belt "not buckeled" warning switches and wiring that can be removed. And some of the earlier models may not have provisions for head rests.
You may also consider other Gm makes but the differences may be greater, ie location and style of flip forwrd release button. Some were available with swivel options and if you wish to use OEM repro seat covers they may not fit right and the trim may attache different but generally they shoiuld work.
Also several of the resto parts suppliers sell the bucket seat brackets you will need to weld to your floor boards. Or if you are lucky like me the doner car that gave up the bucket seats may also have a good set of brackets you can cut out and reuse.

FastSS396man

FastSS396man

------------------
69' SS396 Chevelle
L78 396/375hp
M-21 Close Ratio
Cortez Silver
10 year Resto
It's brand new again!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts