Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 69 Chevelle with first gen Camaro bucket seats in it. Do the Chevelle seats set higher than the Camaro seats in a Chevelle?.....Thanks......RON
( merry christmas everyone ]

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a 70 that had f-body seats in it. I sat in a chevelle that had the correct seats, and thay sat further back, but the height was about the same.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doesn't help much. I was hoping you would tell me, they set higher up. I'm 5'10" and I feel like I'm a little kid again.
If I change seats, and they feel to low. I guess I will block them up a little. I just don't seam to project the image of a 11.4 sec. 69 Chevelle coupe SS LS6 454/500 HP Auto. Going to add 150 HP NOS in the spring Thanks for the info...Ron

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Ron,

My '70 Chevelle had 2nd gen (with integral headrests) Camaro buckets in it when I bought it, and they were awful! Way too low for my taste. I could barely see over the steering wheel. I replaced them with correct Chevelle buckets and now I sit at a much more normal height.

TK

------------------
TC Member #59
'70 Malibu 350/4speed
'90 John Deere SS165

[This message has been edited by TK-70 (edited 12-30-2001).]

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks TK. I know now, that I have to get the original seats. Was going to get buckets. Now I might get bench seat. Undecited what to get. If I can move the B&M Mega shifter forward. I might go with bench.
Thanks....Ron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts