Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much can I expect to spend on having my 68 bucket seats reapulstered? I need seat foam also. I'm trying to decide if I should do it myself with a kit or have it done proffessionaly. And I don't want to get ripped off either way. And how do the kits work in general are they easey to use ?
Thanks, Greg

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
In my neck of the woods, NJ, I paid $600 two years ago to have my buckets redone. New foam, and repro covers. This seems to be the going price...$300 per seat. Not a job I'd try myself.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've done it--everything including new springs; it's not easy, but I got a near perfect result--the key is patience (I spend 2 weekends each seat--the minute I got tired or frustrated, I stopped and came back fresh.

Another tip I picked up here was to use a plastic garbage back over the foams in order to get the cover on--I don't think I could have done it w/o this trick--it allowed me to fit the cover, ring it to the frame and see what it looked like--I could then easily undo the few rings and refit it until I got it right.

Personally, if you have the $$, I'd pay someone else--I did it because I always wanted to try it. And doing it yourself won't necessarily save you all that much, once you figure in the time

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.