1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
14,618 Posts
friend of mine has chevelle buckets in his nova, definetly too wide, it works but if your into originality or want something closer, I think the first gen camaro seats would be closer. Jim

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only wanted the Chevelle seats because I want buckets. But I want to keep them when I sell the car ,assuming I buy it. I would just put the bench back in it. That way I could drive a car with buckets and have them ready to go when I buy a Chevelle. So no originality doesn't concern me because the bench would go back in when the car got sold. I just wanted to know if they would fit.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
yes and yes

this seat is what's called a Strato bucket used in 69 to 72 (with headrest)

And is the same seat used in Novas of the same year.

overall there are some slight differences but they are the same

Also, between the bench and buckets, the mounting is different.

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks thats all I needed to know I already put a bid on it so hopefully in about 9 hours ill have some good news. Now all I need to learn how to do is learn how to re cover them and have the extra cash to buy the materials.

·
Registered
14,618 Posts
I think Im missing something, isnt that auction for only ONE seat? I hope im wrong about this and you get a pair, but the way im reading it, it seems to me it say bucket seat. not seats. Jim

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know it is only one seat I already have one bucket but I needed another one. The one I have is out of a '70 Chevelle I was just making sure that the one that the auction was for would work to re-cover and make it look like a '70. Or is that just a bad price for one?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts