Chevelles.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
am switching from bench to bucket seats in my 70,need to find out if all a-body gm buckets from other gm models will fit from 68-72?

·
Super Moderator
990 Posts
I think on the seats its 69-72. I think the 68 doesnt have the plastic back. The other a-body seats will fit but have different style covers(so do the Chevelles for the different years). The other thing you need is a set of brackets that you can get from any of the repro companies. These brackets install under the floor pan and you bolt the seats to them. If you just bolt the seats to the floor they will rip out in an accident.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Jim is right on when he says the seats are the same from 69 to 72. The difference with the 68's however, is that they utilize a side mounted seat back release. Dimensionally, they are identical to the 69-72 seats, and although the seat backs in 68 were plastic, they will not interchange with 69-72 due to the seat back release issue.
Factory buckets from any GM A-body 69-72 are interchangeable... The only difference being the seat covers.

Patrick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts