Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, are the 2 hole sides of the bucket seat tracks supposed to be towards the front or rear of the car?

Also, I'm assuming the adjuster knobs are supposed to be facing out towards the doors correct?

Are the adjuster rods on each seat track the same, ie. straight, or does one side have a corresponding bend to it?

I've picked through the showroom and google images trying to find some pictures that show me, and for the life of me I can't find my body by fisher manual, i think my wife moved it. I realize today that I have had the tracks in backwards, with the adjusters facing the middle of the car, and suddenly I realized why I did it that way when I pulled them out and reversed them, they seem to be hitting the seat belt on the outside. The passenger seat fits in, but the drivers seat won't allow full adjustment because the adjuster hits the belt. Now currently on the pass side the adjuster rod is more or less a straight piece of metal, but on the track that I have mounted to the drivers seat it has a bend to it, obviously factory, but the bend it going the wrong way, it's going back towards the seat belt! If it were facing forward the other way I could probably clear the adjuster. Do I have the wrong parts? They came with the car so I really have no idea, and I can't find my dang book.

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
6,734 Posts
Two holes to the rear. Adjuster knobs to the outside. There is a driver side and a passenger side. The inner slides are the same on both seats. You car probably was a bench seat car and you are trying to use the two outside bench seat holes. That is why they hit the seatbelt. You need the 4 piece bucket seat floor brackets installed. They sell these kits in all the catalogs. Be sure get the 4 piece set. These are used to correctly mount factory bucket seats.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, because I have the older 2 piece bracket setup one that is a plate with 2 bolt holes on it that mount up to the floor board to give you something to put the inner bucket seat track onto. Realistically though not sure If i ever did originally put them in straight, or if that is the best setup. I'm still using the 2 original outer track holes for the outside track, and lined them up off of that. Looks like that might be incorrect.

I looked at the sticky at the top of this section, but the pics from the original, very informative sounding post seem to have disappeared since its close to 4 years old now.

Maybe investing in the newer brackets and doing it right would be beneficial, and i will have a friend come over and weld it all together.

·
Premium Member
6,734 Posts
Thats exactly what you need the 4 piece bracket set. When you said the seat was rubbing the seat belt I knew exactly what was going on. The two piece floor brackets were designed as you installed them, but it is not correct. Like you said it would be bennificial to get the 4 piece set and do it right. Do a search on this topic in the interior forum section. It will walk you through the whole process. This has been gone over quite often.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Dan, i saw the sticky at the top. Looks like borrowing the friends welder and doing it right is in my future here! Someone put dynamat down on the floor before I owned it so some of that will have to come up, but shouldn't be too difficult. This has always been a thorn in the side so to speak. I will be very happy finally getting it right!

·
Premium Member
6,734 Posts
Sounds great. You are no where close to the first guy that had that very same problem. The two piece kits were all that was available, unless you were able to remove some from an original bucket seat car.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome, Summit has the goodmark brackets on sale for $40 right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts