Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help on these spring kits. Year One has a kit with 4 springs, they say it will do one seat. 29.95 AZ121. Paddock's kit 34.95 AC122 and I think it has 4 springs. so if I buy from Year one thats 60.00 plus shipping or 70.00 at Paddocks. Gosh, they are only springs. Any suggestions??? Where can I find them at a reasonable price. Kenny my friend at Ground Up does not carry them. I think that place is the greatest. I live in West Haven, Ct. and that place is only 25 miles from my house.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help. I'll be ordering those springs this week. I'm a hands on guy and I'm going to do this myself. I'll keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I stripped one seat today and found I have only two broken springs. Driver side seat outside towards the door. Got to be most common. Other then that the springs and frame are fine. I have kept these seats a long time. I'll guess 20 years. 20 years ago you would have walked away from them at a swap meet. Glad I did'nt sell them. I have a better set I could have done but I thiught I would tackle these. My question is, the two springs are different gauge. They sell 11GA or 9GA. What should I get? I'm swaying towards the 11GA because of your replies on the tighter radis of the newer springs. Thanks for all the help. Everyone has been very helpful.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The roll was 32.99. I have two other sets of buckets that need repair.
Maybe if I get good at this I'll bend the exrta springs and put them on E Bay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts