Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to rebuild my bucket seats for my 70 elke. The seat foam is trashed, question is who makes the better replacement foam? The Year One's foam is $129/pr for 66-70, and says some trimming/shaping is needed for installation, but OPG only lists one style 66-72, with no mention of trimming needed and only $89.95/pr.

I have never rebuilt seats before and need all the help I can get!
Thanks in advance.

------------------
Jim -- 70 El Camino
77 SS El Camino (wife's)
69 CorV8
Springfield Oregon
Team Chevelle #284 Gold
ACES #3227

·
Registered
77 Posts
I dont know if you have any upholstry shops in your area, but those are usally your best bet. You may pay a couple of bucks more but at least you know you're getting exactly what you need. They can usally order any type of foam, or fabricate some that will fit perfectly.

Dan

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just a word of warning... If you use that aftermarket foam in your seats, it will boost you up about 2-3 inches higher than your normal sitting height. Sometimes it will be as bad as making your knees hit the steering wheel! I would stay away from that after market foam and just go to an uphostery shop and by some foam that is of medium firmness.

Also, I have one seat for sale that is for a '69-72 chevelle, buick, pontiac. It has perfect foam and it has all the plastic and good springs and tracks. I want $50 plus shipping for the seat. Shipping is about $25. I have a picture of the seat. I also have a pair of '70 black reupholstered seats for a chevelle for sale. I have a lot of money into them and I need $400 for them, which is about $125 less than what I put into them. They have perfect headrests and plastic. they need the medallions and the mylar chrome that goes on the plastic (about $12 for the chrome). the springs were rebuilt and the seats were refoamed where needed (not with the aftermarket foam). I decided to use the original bench seat in my car since I was going to be showing it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.