Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a pair of bucket seats that I have disassembled in order to recover them. The frames and springs are in great shape, as are the bottom seat foams. The seatback foams came apart in my hands though! I am looking for some replacements, but see in the YearOne catalog that for '66-'70 models require "extensive modifications such as cutting, regluing, reforming and heat pressing the seams". However Ground Up has no disclaimers. Is there more than one supplier of these things for my '68? I can recover the seats, but manufacturing foam is way out of my league! All repiles appreciated.

------------------
"SSuper Dave" Palmer
A.C.E.S. #1483
Team Chevelle #32 Gold
1968 Chevelle
1991 Z/28
1970 El Camino

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dave, Just ordered seat foams today from Original Parts Group (OPG).

------------------
Walter Momaney Jr. ACES # 1898
69SS , 72 Malibu

·
Registered
687 Posts
James Hinshaw gave the lecture last year on rebuilding seats.You can call him Fri 8-12.M-TH 8-5 at Hinshaw's 100 Bell St Burlington, NC 27215 / 336-226-8242 .

------------------
John 67SS
ACES #2887
Team Chevelle Gold #127
Bassett,VA

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,610 Posts
Dave, I used the Year One foams on the seats and backs on my '69 with no modifications required. It looks stock. I don't know what they could be talking about.

------------------
von '69 300 Dlx SS Murphy's Law is always in effect

·
Registered
46 Posts
I too have been looking for the buns, from the info I collected you get original fitting buns from OPG for a ton of money less that you get out of YO. And talking to people who got theirs from OPG they fit fine with no mods needed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.