Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Could anyone tell me if the foam from yearone is worth getting, they say you have to modify it to work.
Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
I assume you're talkin' about buckets? The foam I put in mine needed to be about 1/2 as thick as it was. The seats are MUCH too thick, especially the backs. If I ever have them apart, I'll cut a bunch of foam out. I've heard that if you use an electric carving knife from the backside, it works.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
I believe the modification they are speaking of is on 71-72 bucket seats you need to fill in the slotted area that's used to tie down foam and listings of different style covers. This foam is used on different GM A body cars and is supplied to most vendors by American Cushion. I have used the 70 style foam with good results.
You should call Year One tech line and ask them what needs to be done to make it work for your application. Jim.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys
Thanks for the answers,and yes they are for buckets for my 72. Sorry about not putting that in my post.As you can probably tell I am not very computer literate,but I will keep trying.
I will call Yearone's tech line and ask before I buy.
Thanks
Steve.

·
Registered
655 Posts
anyone remember the show on HP tv, where they changed chucks interior in the droptop from green to black. they replaced the foam and didnt mention any modifications. I have it on video, but dont remember where he purchased the foam. Im getting old I guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts