Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious....the front bucket seats in my 68 Malibu "look" white but are they really that color? I say this because in all the color catelogs when ordering, they only show the color of "Pearl" for the year 68, which to me is really an off white. I know this may sound alittle out of the ordinary but I may have to replace them and I do want them to be the "factory correct" color. I don't think the "Trim" code tells you what color the seats would have been do they?
Thank you!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
If your code after TR is 794
that would be Parchment, Imitation Leather, bucket seat. This is the only 68 code I can find that is close to white.

------------------
Steve Strasemeier (70SS 396, Fathom Blue/White Stripes)
My 70SS

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
791 = Medium Green Rapture Cloth, Medium Green Imitation Leather, bench seat for a 68..
I got a feeling that the seats have been changed. They may be 69 seats. 791 for a 69 is white. Is the seat back release on the side or back?

------------------
Steve Strasemeier (70SS 396, Fathom Blue/White Stripes)
My 70SS

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The release is on the side Steve....
I think your right because the seats in the car now are alittle bit higher than the regular seats would have been. The interior now is actually brown and the seats are covered with medium to dark brown and tan color seat covers both front and back. The carpet is also brown so someone must have chanced the whole interior for some reason. I really don't know why someone would have done this except by choice becasue the underside is clear of rust and the glue under the carpet is still really tight. But I want the interior back to factory. By the way, the exterior color is also Grecian Green Met. Thanks for your help. Someone else thought that the car had a white vinal top also!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts