Chevelles.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if anyone has used the bucket seat conversion brackets from Goodmark. You get the other mount for the outside. I would like to know if this setup is worth the $50.00 ,Do they fit nice?

·
Premium Member
7,649 Posts
I just went out to their site to take a look for myself... These look VERY NICE! they include the front outter one also, which the older brackets didn't have.

If you order them, please post how you like them... If they really are 'in stock' i think i may have to get a set to mount my new buckets...
--------------
http://www.goodmarkindustries.com/grphx/GM%20Car%20Photos/4031-507-66S.jpg

4031-507-66S
1968-70 inner and outer mounting brackets (4-piece set) (used to convert bench seats to bucket seats)
Fed Ex $ 49.95 set - Now in Stock
------------------
Ben Rambow
NECOA #022
1970 El Camino SS
My old 1969 El Camino

[This message has been edited by AHSOM70 (edited 01-28-2003).]

·
Registered
645 Posts
damn, I wish I would have seen these before I welded in my other brackets. I bought the ones from the paddock and they suck! I don't recomend at all the ones that are just flat bar with the studs on 'em. I think I may grind for hours and hours just to get them out and install the ones from goodmark if they are available.

------------------
Jaber Racing&Restorations
My Blown Alky 70 SS
Current Projects, and past resto's
Dad's 67 SS 396 Convertable Survivor

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
We got a set from GU(one of the first sets he got in) but have not put them in yet. I will say that they are VERY nice. They will mate up to the floor a lot better thant the others and will bring the seat away from the belt retractor. They may be getting installed in the next week or so...

------------------
J.J. Fig
MCC member #256
Maryland Chevelle Club
Dad's 69 SS
Mom's 71 SS Convertible

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you so much for talking about this new product. For once in my restification fiasco my timing couldn't be better. I almost bought the old style!

Mark / CC

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm planning to pick up a pair of Corbeau buckets in a couple of weeks for my '71 (that has the factory bench seat now) - what about experience with those brackets (the Corbeau ones)?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey guys, Daves70 and I just installed these last week or so. They look good and fit great.

I give them 2 thumbs up.

Mark

·
Registered
105 Posts
I guess I'll reply to myself since this post came back up - the Corbeau buckets fit really nicely, and the Corbeau brackets work very well (with their own buckets). A restoration fanatic would cry, but anyone who actualy has to *drive* the car would certainly appreciate the way they feel better than the stock buckets...

Just another $1000 (or so) option.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts