Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought paint for the bucket seat-backs on my 70 SS396. But after looking at them I didn't how they were held on? How do I get them off?

Looks like perfect weather here in FL to do a little painting

Pat
70 Chevelle SS396

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
There are a few trim screws at the bottom of the seat back, you can see them if you fold the seat over. Remove these, then push up on the seat back. It is held in with clips that will slide up when you push the seat back off. Install opposite way.

------------------
70 chevelle ss396 conv
66 chevelle ss396 hdp/conv
55 chevy prostreet
69/71 camaros

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
One more thing before you push up the cover; you'll have to remove the release button at the top center. Push a flat, stiff tool (or scrap of steel) ine from either side to depress the spring steel clips holding the bezel/housing in place. Lift it out of the hole and you will see two more screws to remove.
BTW, try painting a small trial area on the inside of one of those covers first, then when it dries, see if you can scratch it. If they are original covers you'll probably need a special plastic primer before paint.
Rich

[This message has been edited by RT (edited 01-29-2000).]

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
RT is right, I forgot about the button..

------------------
70 chevelle ss396 conv
66 chevelle ss396 hdp/conv
55 chevy prostreet
69/71 camaros

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.