Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When replacing buckets on my 65 Chevelle SS, what is the best way to avoid buying seats that are too wide or wont fit the tracks?
How do I measure? Front to back, side to side? The track measurement?
I posted eariler how I need to get high back profile seats (I will store originals.)
I do appreciate the feed back.
Thanks,
Jack

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Jack, most probably, you'll be getting tracks with the HB seats, so measure L to R and F to R on all floor mount holes. Make sure they will correspond with your floor mount pattern. Also, check the old seats, then the new seats on a level surface to make sure that all four track mounts will contact the floor in the same way. I mention this, because you may come across some seats that were designed to mount to an irregularly shaped floor pan where yours may be level.
Hope this helps,
Rich

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rich,
Good point! Never thought of the floor pan level, or the seat level.
So, if I measure the distance between mounting holes on the Chevelles floor pan and the new seats and they have a similar distance, I could probally just swap the tracks? Maybe a little slotting..?

Now, to begin sitting in various seats at the junk yard to find out which one feels best
then flip it over to check the distance.

Hope to maybe find some Recaros at a good deal. They were put in so many different vehicles. I'll probally find out which ones as I go along.
Thanks again, and sorry for being so long winded. Just alot going on with this rebuild thing.
Jack

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.