Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was 19 I had a '65 Chevy pickup with custom seats. It was like a pair of full bucket seats with a middle seat that folded down into an arm-rest/snack tray. I'm sure it was available from truck accessory suppliers then.

I'd like to do something like this for my El Camino in the future. Since I've never seen anything like this available for cars, I'm thinking I might have to get a pair of bucket seats and somehow fabricate the middle seat. That will involve some custom work.

Any ideas? Have any of you seen seats like this for sale?

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
I have an 67 Skylark front sea It has a full bench but a pull down arm rest. It is in a 64 Malibu. I will e mail a picture. since I can't attach one. You would have to use the El Camino rails

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I got your email and I very much appreciate it. I also appreciate the links to the '70 El Camino.

Those would be pretty good if I find something like that when I get ready to do this. What I'm really looking for is not really a bench with a separated back section, but more of two buckets with one small one in the middle.

My goal is to be able to carry both my small children in comfort. I could do that now (all I need is a lap belt for the center), but I feel like the infant seat and booster would be more securely mounted if they each had their own individual seat.

Thanks for the ideas. Please keep 'em coming.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Like a 60/40 split bench? That's what I'm looking for myself.

Tim

·
Registered
361 Posts
I was at a junk yard down here in southern California a few weeks ago and saw a Ford Ranger crew cab that has a 60/40 split bench with folding arm rest, reclinable back and probably would be perfect for El Caminos. I wanted to get it but at this time I don't need to change my seats. Maybe in the future I will.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm thinking of something like this, but I think full truck seats would be too wide. I've never measured them, so I could be wrong.

These are more like it.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Or maybe these for an S-10 or Ranger would fit:

·
Registered
723 Posts
Chad.

Do you know the width on those seats?

Tim

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No, I don't know the width.

Here's the website where I found them. I guess you could call their toll free number and ask.

I found these quickly on a search and didn't take the time to search for better pricing or other options. Lots of sites come up when you enter "custom truck seats".

·
Registered
723 Posts
Man..

Those guys are proud of those things! :eek:

Thanks for the link.

Tim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts