Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2 channel MTX amp, that I was using bridged for a sub. I took the speaker out for a while, and I believe I left the amp on, and the wires may have been touching. Now it doesn't work. It will blow the 20A fuse whenever I turn it on. What have I done to my amp? Is it something repairable? Thanks!

Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
If you take it to a good shop they will look at it and tell you how much it will cost to fix it. BUT, sometimes what it cost to fix it you can get a new one for a little more money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,229 Posts
Been there, done that-left the radio on (remote lead on amp hot) and mistakenly grounded the disconnected line that was supposed to go to the battery. Blew out several transistors. Amp's probablly trashed.

I learned a hard lesson-disconnect battery before starting wiring work (and I knew better
)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I figured it was trashed.... On the plus side, the replacement cost went down. I paid $120 on sale when I got it a couple years ago, and new ones are $78!


I might look around and see about getting it repaired. What kind of shop would do this? Mickey Shorr or a car stereo place like that?

Thanks guys


chirs
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top