Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to fix broken hinges from a 69 Camino. One of the rivets that holds the hinges together pops out when I open my hood. I can use a hammer to pop it back in, but it pops out every time I open the hood again....

Any thoughts on the best fix??????? I have read about replacing them but is there an easier fix?

·
Registered
341 Posts
You'll never regret replacing them. Throw the old ones out and step up for new ones or a pair of clean, straight, used hinges.

------------------
Never be afraid to try something new.
An amatuer built the Ark,
Professionals built the Titanic.
Team Chevelle Gold #33
ACES Member #02913
Rode shotgun in the ONLY Z16 convertible made.

·
Registered
33 Posts
$43 bucks each at OPG! Replace them,you'll never have to again! Everytime you open the hood you say? REPLACE THEM!

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
On the hood, right in front of the hood hinge, there's an area of the hood where the metal is cut away. Purpose for this indent in the metal is to allow the hood to bend in a front end crash. Weak or bad hinges allow this area to weaken and bend. Really messes up a good hood.
It's best to replace the hinge before hood damage occurs. I have seen 2 nice Chevelle hoods in the last month where this area has been reinforced and welded. Only dummies drive with hoods that have been braced through the safety area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.