Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dot got Me all squared away on how to post a legible Scan.

Kinda big, but readable, ain't it Brett.:D

·
Premium Member
11,203 Posts
Dave,
Thanks for all your effort sending me a copy and posting for everyone.

Greg,
Ben had at least a car on Dave at the launch due to his traction and a very good light....and Dave not having much...
I posted a pic under 9 May Bremerton thread.

I'm really impressed with Dave nearly hitting 110.

Hats off to Ben for his 12.95 run!

·
Premium Member
7,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm very anxious to get back there, with the new tire's.:yes:

I mean look at it this way,

1)If I got a decent reaction time, let's say .050.
2)Add in a decent 60', let's say 1.9
On the run vs. Brett, that would have been 6/10's faster, that's a 12.4 run right there.:thumbsup:

Both of which are very easy to attain.

I'm not kidding Ya, it was all I could do to not blow the tire's all over the place. I spun on every launch, and 1st-2nd shift. Couple of time's I had to lift, on the 1st-2nd shift. If I remember right, I lifted slightly on the shift vs. Brett.:sad:

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Just a reminder Dave ,your reaction time is added to your 1/4 mile e/t to give you your total time.
13.023 + .358 = 13.381 your total time
13.071 + .349 = 13.42 Brett's total time
difference .39 just like the slip says and you won :hurray:.
So with that being said, if you gained .3 in your reaction time and .3 in your 1/4 mile e/t.
12.723 + .058 = 12.781 new total time.
Which makes me very jealous and would put most cars at your local car show to shame :yes:.

Greg

·
Premium Member
9,919 Posts
I'm very anxious to get back there, with the new tire's.:yes:

I mean look at it this way,

1)If I got a decent reaction time, let's say .050.
2)Add in a decent 60', let's say 1.9
On the run vs. Brett, that would have been 6/10's faster, that's a 12.4 run right there.:thumbsup:

Both of which are very easy to attain.

I'm not kidding Ya, it was all I could do to not blow the tire's all over the place. I spun on every launch, and 1st-2nd shift. Couple of time's I had to lift, on the 1st-2nd shift. If I remember right, I lifted slightly on the shift vs. Brett.:sad:

Dave, Reaction time doesn't get figuered into your et.
The timing clocks don't start to run until you break the beams.
The reaction time clock starts as soon as the green light comes until you break the beams.

example: the green light comes on & you don't move.
the reaction time clock will be running but your et. will be 0.00 @ 000 mph.

so when you figure what your et could be, leave your R/T out of it.

as far as your 60' goes, figure 2 tenths 1/4 mile etfor every 1 tenth 60'et.:yes:
when you get down to 1.9 60s (and you will) you should be running about 12.40-12.50's
by looking @ your mph I'm thinking you could get down to 1.7 60's & maybe go 12.10 or even an 00.
good luck.

BTW 110mph is standard for a 12.00 run.

·
Premium Member
11,203 Posts
Let me hitchhike on what the Other Greg said.
Yes, the clock does not start until you launch/break the start beam....
But if you sit there with a bad RT....a slower can can beat you if he cuts a good lite.
So RT plus ET equals your run

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,203 Posts
Ben,
Correct! First one to cross the line wins if they do not redlight, or break-out (go faster than their class allows).

Bud Tom in SoCal runs 7.90 Super Eliminator dragster class.
6.9999999 and you lose by breakout
Or snooze on one of those PRO lites...done
He's run 7.901 and just a .03 slow RT and he got put on the trailer by a guy who ran 7.91 who cut a perfect light

Those who bracket race; Loader1, 72 Heavy Chevy, Doc, Brian....
They estimate what they will run, mark the window
The tower sets the difference between the two cars projected ETs...starting the slower car first by the difference of the 2 ETs. You want to run your dial-in. If you run faster, you Break-Out. If you have a bad light, you are probably done for the nght...

·
Premium Member
11,203 Posts
Brett
13.0s and 109 mph...sweet!
I wish I was near the finish line for this match-up....very close run on the timeslip.

·
Premium Member
7,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wish I was near the finish line for this match-up....very close run on the timeslip.
It was REALLY COOL, all the way down the strip. I was watching the side of Brett's Mino all the way.:thumbsup: What was so cool was how We both surged at the shift's, back and forth, finally, ran Him down. :yes:

·
Premium Member
11,203 Posts
It was REALLY COOL, all the way down the strip. I was watching the side of Brett's Mino all the way.:thumbsup: What was so cool was how We both surged at the shift's, back and forth, finally, ran Him down. :yes:
No doubt this race is the stuff legends are made from!

But tell me....I'm not understanding this fully here....something is not quite right!

Brett had the BERG-Built 468, with fully-ported big-valve OC heads, 10.5:1 or there about compression, and the much-touted 60204 VooDoo cam. He has 3.73s and I suppose the 2.87 1st gear in his TKO. 13.0/109+. Even some Berg tuning....maybe not 100% but more tips and advice than the average JOE.

Dave has a 468 with 'uncut' 781 heads, stock valves, 10.5:1, an old-school Crane cam, mild converter and 3.31 gears..... 13.0/109+

With traction issues for both cars....pretty even lights and 60'....how was it that you out-powered the Kid From Kirkland when on paper he had several advantages? Nobody has reported any deficiencies in Brett's shifting so I'm under the assumption he was doing a good job here....
How was it your low-tech combo ran with one of the more powerful/more potential combos?
I'm trying to figure this one out here and keep drawing a blank.......

Rematch with DRs!!!!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts