Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on a project car (64 SS Chevelle-street car). It has drum brakes. A buddy of mine is building a 71 Chevelle to race it NHRA STOCK Class. It has power disc brakes. To make a long story short, I want to convert to disc (for safety on the street) he wants to convert to drum for his race application. Is it possible for he and I to swap brake systems between my 64 Chevelle and his 71 Chevelle?

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Do a SEARCH in the BRAKE forum. Problem you will run into is mounting the combo valve on the 64. It's been discussed before down there.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
You have the ideal situation for this swap. You will need to take all of the ovbvious parts and swap them; also include the non-obvious like the brackets that hold the front brake hoses to the frame. You could likely complete the entire exchange in less than one day.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JWagner:
You have the ideal situation for this swap. You will need to take all of the ovbvious parts and swap them; also include the non-obvious like the brackets that hold the front brake hoses to the frame. You could likely complete the entire exchange in less than one day.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the quick reply.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cam Sweet:
You bet!! Bolt for bolt. And BTW, welcome to the group!!

Cam
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reply.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John_Muha:
Do a SEARCH in the BRAKE forum. Problem you will run into is mounting the combo valve on the 64. It's been discussed before down there. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.