Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 67 396 has a little brass tag on the frt of the block above the timing cover attached with 2 knock in rivits that reads 13867 just just for "got to know" purposes ... why there ??? does it mean anything ???? and it does look factory installed and it aint the vin# HELP !!! Thanks Darryl

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no convert and unfortunately dont have the car this was in a 69SS chevelle i bought ... if it is from the rebuilder they went to a hell of alot of problems to drill the block just to install this little tag when they could've used a bolt on the w-pump

·
Registered
687 Posts
Whats the date code?

------------------
John 67SS
ACES #2887
Team Chevelle Gold #127
Bassett,VA

[This message has been edited by 67ss (edited 02-13-2000).]

·
Administrator
16,204 Posts
That casting # was used in 65-66 396 and in 66 for the 427. What are the numbers on the block in front of the pas side head? Could be that you could bore that thing pretty big.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I wouldn't rule out a rebuild. If the bore's oversize you probably have your answer. I've seen brass plates with rebuilder info as late as 77. I don't think they'd be all that difficult to attach. They were pretty common back then. Unusual to see that it has so little info though. Maybe it's just the job number?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.