Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am possibly going to be able to get some disc brakes for my car. The were on a 55 chev, but were origionally from a camaro. I have drums now, obviously, and was wondering if i needed different spindles in order to use the disc brake setup? Also, if i were to get springs to lower my car 1-1 1/2", is there any other mods i need to make besides changing the spring? thanks

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Something about this just doesn't like a good idea. You are going to use brakes that were robbed possibly from a Camaro of some vintage and then grafted onto a 55 Shoebox? Sounds like you are in for a lot of headaches. It would be easier and probably cheaper in the long run to "search" in the disc brake conversion area for a list for parts to aquire to convert your drums spindles.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have to agree with Sinned.

I have a '67 and I'm still not convinced I want to lose my non-power drum brakes. I'm not knocking discs, it just isn't a priority on my list of things to do. My drums have been working great for me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WELL MINE ARE POWER, AND I FOUND OUT WHAT I NEED TO DO TO MAKE MY SPINDLES WORK, NOT SURE WHAT I WILL DO. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF I CAN LOWER THE FRONT OF MY CAR WITH 1 1/2" LOWERING SPRINGS, AND NOT MAKE ANY OTHER MODS, EXCEPT FOR AN ALIGNMENT. i WANT TO LOWER IT, IM JUST ON A BUDGET.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts