Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys could you tell me if a disc brake vac booster and master cyl from a 77 chevelle will work on a 72 chevelle also the backing plates ,calipers and rotors too? thanks bob

·
Registered
3 Posts
From what I understand the master cylinder and power brake booster will mount up. But for the rotors backing plates and calipers no go. In Chevy high performance May 1999 issue there is a complete list of ways to do your disc brake swap you want to do. You can use 70-81 F-body cars discs and 77-89 B-car 12 inch disc but the only problem is you have to get new upper a-arms from global west or hotchkins prices that I have seen are from 174-339. Hope this will help you.

------------------

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
bigtoyboy,
I have a 70 Malibu with 73+ spindles. Not sure if they are from an 70-81 Camaro (popular swap) or some other 73+ car. BUT I do have a spooky problem.
The lower ball joint is not long enuff to stick thru the lower ball joint so that a cotter pin can be used (just using the castle nut right now). Everything else appears to be stock and works great.

There is a upper/lower & tie-rod kit (using 70-81 Camaro disc brakes) to make this fit to stock arms on a 64-72 GM A-body from Malibu Performance for $175.

I hope mine are the 70-81 spindles. But to verfiy I gotta pop the joint and compare to a 70-81 stock Camaro lower joint.

If you do a search on "disc spindle to lower ball joint" questions you can read the whole tech.

------------------
DG
Springfield, Ohio
70 Chevelle Malibu

www.wright.edu/~adams.6/chevy.htm
Genx member (Founder 4 Ohio)
TEAM Chevelle Member #0086

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
I dont think the booster from the 77 will fit the 72, I have had a few of these cars for parts and I never kept the boosters because they were different.. I believe they have a cast aluminum mount with offset mounting holes as opposed to the square spaces 72 studs...

------------------
70 chevelle ss396 conv
66 chevelle ss396 hdp/conv

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.